The Illicit Discharge Inspection Tool
This week we will cover the basics of the Illicit Discharge Inspection Tool! First of all, you might wonder, what is an Illicit Discharge? An illicit discharge is defined as any discharge to the municipal separate storm sewer system (MS4) that is not composed entirely of storm water (with some exceptions).
Hey, you may even be an expert in the area too!
Regardless, we decided to make the long and grueling inspection process easier for you by putting this tool in the AssetAlly Storm Water Suite. Not only does the Discharge Inspection Tool allow you to access important attribute data associated with outfall structures in your community, but it also conveniently produces an organized PDF report containing the information you entered into AssetAlly.
Here's a step-by-step tutorial to get you started:
1. As you begin, make certain your storm utilities layer is turned on. Next, identify a storm structure that is marked as an outfall (as pictured below).
In order to create an inspection report you will have to go to the dashboard associated with the outfall structure you selected.
2. Once you are viewing the dashboard, click on the Illicit Discharge tab, followed by the "Create New Report" button.
3. When creating a new report, there are four different sections which you can enter information in. These sections include:
Illicit Discharge Screening
Physical Indicators For Flowing Outfalls
Physical Indicators For Both Flowing And Non-Flowing Outfalls
4. After you have filled out all of the necessary fields, you can save your data. As seen below, the Illicit Discharge Screening information is now saved in the system.
5. If you click on "Make PDF" it will generate a PDF copy of the report with all the data you gathered during your inspection, including any images that might have been uploaded during the process.
Contact our experts to learn more about how the Illicit Discharge Inspection Tool in AssetAlly can help your community!