Municipalities with Wisconsin DNR MS4 permits are required to inspect certain outfalls to detect and eliminate illicit storm water discharge and to help prevent harmful pollutants from entering our community’s streams, rivers, and lakes.
The AssetAlly outfall inspection tool can help your community save a significant amount of time and effort by allowing your team to complete your outfall inspections digitally and then easily convert those inspections into PDF’s for DNR submission.
Here's a step-by-step tutorial to get you started:
1. As you begin, make certain your storm utilities layer is turned on. Next, identify a storm structure that is marked as an outfall (as pictured below).
In order to create an inspection report you will have to go to the dashboard associated with the outfall structure you selected.
2. Once you are viewing the dashboard, click on the Illicit Discharge tab, followed by the "Create New Report" button.
3. When creating a new report, there are four different sections in which you can enter information. These sections include:
ILLICIT DISCHARGE SCREENING
PHYSICAL INDICATORS FOR FLOWING OUTFALLS
PHYSICAL INDICATORS FOR BOTH FLOWING AND NON-FLOWING OUTFALLS
4. After you have filled out all of the information that applies, you can click save to create a record of the inspection. As seen below, the Illicit Discharge Screening record is attached to that Outfalls Dashboard.
5. If you click on "Make PDF" it will generate a PDF copy of the report with all the data you gathered during your inspection, including any images that might have been uploaded during the process.
If you have questions about the Outfall Inspection Tool or need more information on this topic, please contact our team today!